Yaay Music :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Charly

Guess what we watched tonght? Ten points to anyone who can guess how that went over! Dad- you're not allowed to answer this one! Well, for me, this week was hard. I got my SAT scores back with the hope of finding that they would be good and that i would have no trouble getting into BYU and just move forward with my life. Yeah well... obviously the Lord had something else in mind or i just need to learn that i am not a very good standardized tester. ACT here i come! So I was just not having a good week but today i got to take a nap so that was good! I am still going to apply to any school that i want. I will have to write a kick butt admissions essay, thanks to Julia and Tom it will be ok; i am really postive about school and i think that i might as well apply to any school that i want to go to just write good essays. i think that the Lord might just want me to fight for what i want. Chances are i won't get in with those SAT scores anywhere. So yeah. I am freaking out a little bit but it will be all well. The Lord is going to bless me with whatever i actually need. Fortunately the Lord loves me and knows what i need. I just need to trust in him and do my best in every way. SO now i am going to maybe go to bed. I think i need to read some homework before i go to bed which is sad because it is always my goal to not do hw on Sunday but sometimes... we'll see !

I love you so much. I hope that you all have better weeks than i do! If you pray... someone is listening and will help you!

Maren :)

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Just keep doing what you need to and you'll get where you need to be. A lot of times I have no idea what's going on because everything happens really crazy (think of me marrying Alex, for instance) but... it's a really good faith builder. Study hard, write awesome essays and pray your guts out and trust that things will happen the way they need to.

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

P.S. Why would you watch THAT movie? It's pretty much a guaranteed tear-fest. I hate to cry and that movie does it to me EVERY time (I've only watched it once).

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm sorry, Maren (see, I told you--I'm a total blog stalker). Just do the best you can and things will work out. I can't even tell you how many times things haven't gone the way I wanted/expected, but you're right--it just means the Lord has something better in store. Good luck with the ACT--for what it's worth, I thought it was the easier of the two.

The Jensen Family said...

Ok, so I just found your blog, so I am now stalking you! JK!
I am sorry that you had a bad week, but hang in there. It will be ok and don't give up. I had more than a few friends who shouldn't have been at BYU if you looked at their scores and other numbers according to BYU standards, but basically we learned if you are supposed to be there, then it will work out regardless of test scores! If it is what you want, then still try for it....applying for summer always boosts your chances too.
Glad to see you are doing well. I miss you, but will check in from time to time now that I found your blog.
Hope you have a better week.
Love you!
Love,
Natalie

PS I agree with Michelle about the ACT...I did way better on the ACT then the SAT. Good luck.