Yaay Music :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hello Beautiful sunny day!

Today, I went on a walk. It started with me a Sophie walking at a normal pace with both dogs and ended with me tempted to call mom or dad to come pick us up. I was literally dragging Cody. He is old and that is really sad. So we've decided that he is only allowed to go on half walks... sad! Mom and I have decided that it will be really sad when he leaves us because it will be the end of an era. He is the last living thing that we have of New York. Ok, I guess you COULD count Alex, Austin and Sophie... but still you know what I mean. I am listening to a book on tape called 'Fire of the Covenant'. It's about the Willie and Martin handcart companies and there is a fictional story wound in it. It makes me really happy. Sadly it's not on the iPod, so I can't take it to work. That's probably a good thing since if it was, I would be really absorbed in it and I don't know if I would be able to concentrate, which is kind of important...

I really want to work on my 3 quilts that I have to finish before I move away. It hit me yesterday while I was at work that in a little less that 3 months I will be moving away from my family- like, they won't be at my house when I come home from school. And I will have to feed myself and I will realize how much my parents do for me... AAAAAGHHHH. I'm so scared/excited. It's kind of cool to know that it is now my turn. I just hope that I will know what to do... I guess I'll have to get a social life. What is that?

My computer speakers are freaking out. You know how as soon as you sign the contract that says that you buy the house, the houses value goes down? Does that happen with computers too? Or do computers just become outdated immediately?

Well, I guess I better get back to my book. I work nights now so if you would like to hang out in the morning give me a call!

Love Maren :)

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Moving out is scary, but also liberating. It's a huge step to becoming self sufficient, building your own identity and learning to rely on yourself. Sure you'll have a few meltdowns along the way, but everyone does. You'll survive.

We'll be going through a huge adjustment as well. I'm still freaking out about being "Mom". I don't feel worthy or capable, but eventually it will become second nature. I won't remember what life was like before I was "Mom".

Cheryl said...

Hi Maren, I'm here in beautiful sunny California and I start my new job tomorrow. My url is: http://mysticmissive.blogspot.com I hope you will visit me. I love your blog.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll do great out there in Seattle future Dr. Booth. You're moving out before I did, so you're already one step ahead! Aaannnddd if you ever are bored I'm sure some of us from Ham-Town can come and visit :)

Pero si, we need to hang out more....it seems like ages since I've bothered the Buteb family!

Matty :)